How we will collect your information
We collect your personal information when you:
- Complete forms on our website for example to submit a Call to Orbit application.
- Contact us directly via email, phone or post.
- Browse and use our website. This may include automatically collected technical data regarding how you access and use the website.
We may also collect information from third party sites such as advertising platforms and publicly available sources such as Companies House.
Information we will collect from you
We will use your information in the following ways to fulfil a contract with you or take steps at your request before this:
- To communicate with you in relation to the services we provide to you
- To contact you for views and feedback on our services, and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to our websites and applications
- To enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the website
- For customer services purposes including providing services to you, for technical support or other similar purposes and to establish and maintain customer accounts.
- To enforce our contractual terms with your or for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect our rights.
We will use your information in the following ways as required by Open Cosmos to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests:
- For marketing and promotional purposes including communications through email or equivalent electronic means. For example, we may use your personal data such as your email address to send you newsletters or to otherwise contact you about services or information we think may interest you.
- To analyse activity on our websites and applications so that we can administer, support, develop and improve our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help prevent fraud.
- To enable us For research and development purposes including improving our websites, applications, services and for other research or analytical purposes dedicated to improving our products, services, operations or processes to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the website
We will use your information in the following ways where you give us consent:
- If we need your consent in order to send marketing for Open Cosmos services to you
We will use your information in the following ways when required by law:
- To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations
Who may receive your personal information
- Authorised persons working for or on behalf of Open Cosmos Ltd
- Our agents, service providers and advisers (for example third-party service providers providing the variety of products and services we need such as IT maintenance and support, procurement services, compliance and security)
- Law enforcement or government authorities where necessary to comply with applicable law ,or other companies where necessary to prevent crime.
- Other authorised third parties in connection with any reorganisation or sale of Open Cosmos business or assets.
- Other third parties who are identified as our partners in relation to any missions or programmes in relation to which your personal data has been provided.
Automated decision making and profiling
We do not use fully automated decision-making processes. In the event that we should use such profiling in individual cases, we will if required by law specifically inform you of this and your rights in this respect.Your personal information will not be processed automatically with the objective of evaluating certain personal aspects (profiling). In the event that we should process your personal data with the objective of conducting profiling we will if required by law specifically inform you of this and your rights.
Security & Disclosure
We adopt technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected and take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted electronically to us or via our website.
Third party links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of all websites you visit.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as set out below:
- Request access to your personal data known as a “data subject access request”. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data for certain types of processing, including direct marketing.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data so the continued processing of your information is suspended or restricted, but we will continue to store your information. For example, if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party. You have the right to receive your personal data in an accessible and transferable format. This right is not a general right and there are exceptions so please get in touch with us for further information should you wish to exercise this right.
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data. If you have given consent to anything we do with your information and we are relying on that consent as a legal basis for processing your information, you can withdraw consent at any time. Withdrawing consent will not make our use unlawful of any processing whilst consent had been apparent.
- Lodge a complaint about the processing of your data. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint, or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113